The Honda Gold Wing is already a comfortable motorcycle, but there’s always room for improvement to suit your personal tastes. That’s where the new HeliBars duo-position risers come into play.
Begin press release:
HeliBars is proud to introduce its first-ever duo-position motorcycle handlebar risers. The new Tour Performance Duo Position Handlebar Relocation Adapters take the sport-touring-focused 2018 Honda Gold Wing’s ergonomics almost one step forward and more than two steps back, respectively, in their Sport and Touring riding positions.
In either setting, these risers make the ‘Wing more comfortable and competent than when it rolled off the showroom floor – during parking-lot maneuvers, flowing through corners and out on the open road.
Tour Performance Duo Position Handlebar Relocation Adapters are simply installed between the motorcycle’s handlebars and their mounts, perfectly integrating with stock components. When set in Sport mode, the adapters elevate each bar 5/8-inch, relocate the handgrips 3Ž4-inch forward and place them 1-1/4-inch farther apart, offering optimal ergonomics for fully-engaged riding and making the bike feel even lighter on its feet. When set in Touring mode, the Duo Position relocators also move the bars 5/8-inch higher, but bring the grips 2-3/4-inch closer to riders, allowing ‘Wing pilots to sit back in the saddle with more relaxed arms, neck, shoulders and back.
The strong, light adapters are machined from 6061 T-6 aluminum and have drain holes in their recessed mounting bores to eliminate corrosion from pooling water. They also feature a hard-coat, black-anodized finish and come with high-grade 10.9 hardware. To reduce cost and complexity, everything integrates with the Honda’s original wiring, cables and hydraulic lines, so messy, time-consuming re-routing and fluid bleeding are not required.
The Duo Position Handlebar Relocation Adapters don’t adversely affect the Wing’s unique double-wishbone front suspension system. They’re also engineered to perfectly integrate with the Honda’s tank-top controls. Meticulous fit testing ensures that the Heli-bolstered handlebars still move freely from lock-to-lock and steer clear of the bike’s wide windscreen.
Installation doesn’t require permanent modifications. The process is straightforward, using common tools and following the comprehensive installation manual, which is illustrated with photos every step of the way. This printed guide is included with the Tour Performance Duo Position Handlebar Relocation Adapter kit and conveniently available online.
Since 1987, HeliBars has custom-engineered more than 80 different applications that greatly improve the ergonomics on bikes of every genre: ADV, cruiser, naked, retro, sport, and sport-touring, standard and touring machines — without changing their overall looks — allowing motorcyclists to venture further and more often in greater comfort.
The Cornish, Maine-based company offers Tour Performance handlebar relocators and risers many other motorcycles; patented Horizon Multi-Axis Replacement Handlebars that can be fine-tuned to fit riders of all sizes and stealthy TrackStar Clip-On Handlebars that rise up to ease the pain of hardcore sportbikes’ crouched riding positions.
HeliBars products are designed, tested and proudly manufactured in the US of A. They’re backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee via Heli’s 30-day return policy, and come with a one-year warranty.
For more information about HeliBars comfort solutions, to find a dealer or place an order directly, please visit HeliBars.com or call 800-859-4642, then visit the company’s Facebook page, YouTube channel and Twitter postings.
- 5/8-inch (16mm) Taller
- 2-3/4-inch (70.5mm) Rearward
- 5/8-inch (16mm) Taller
- 3/4-inch (19mm) Forward
- 1-1/4-inch (31.75mm) Wider
- Simply installed between the handlebars and their mounts to dramatically transform handlebar position and comfort
- Reduces weight on hands and wrists
- Optimizes wrist angles, shoulder positioning and spinal alignment
- Integrates with the Honda’s tank-top controls, wiring, electrical components, cables and hydraulic lines
- Time-consuming re-routing and fluid bleeding are not required
- Doesn’t adversely affect the ‘Wing’s unique double-wishbone front suspension system
- Handlebars still move freely from lock-to-lock and steer clear of the bike’s wide windscreen
- No permanent modifications: Bike can easily be returned to stock
- Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum alloy
- Drain holes in their recessed mounting bores eliminate corrosion from pooling water
- Hard-coat, black-anodized finish
- Supplied with high-grade 10.9 hardware
- Detailed installation manual is included and conveniently accessible online
- Guarantee: 30-day money back satisfaction policy
- Warranty: One year on materials and workmanship
- American Made: Engineered, tested and manufactured in Cornish, Maine
- Availability: Direct from HeliBars.com, Western Powersports and motorcycle dealers nationwide
- Retail Price: $129
- HeliBars part number: HR01134
The post HeliBars Announces 2018 Honda Gold Wing Duo-Position Risers appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.