BSB 2019 Portimao Test Day One
Be Wiser Ducati’s Scott Redding claimed the fastest time at the official BSB Official Test at Portimao on Day 1 from Honda Racing’s Xavi Forés, with only 0.026s separating the two, despite a crash earlier in the day leaving Redding on the back foot.
Forés was fast straight out of the blocks, putting his track knowledge to good use to maintain a position at the top of the times throughout the day, before he was pipped in the closing stages by Redding.
Redding had been inside the top five before lunch, but a crash at turn five ended his morning session prematurely, whilst Josh Brookes climbed the order to third in the final ten minutes, nudging Tommy Bridewell down to fourth.
Andrew Irwin had a strong opening day on the second Honda Racing Fireblade, holding a position inside the top three before ending the day in fifth place as Brookes and Bridewell improved in the final 20 minutes.
Tarran Mackenzie didn’t attempt a time attack in the closing stages of the day, but his earlier time put him sixth fastest ahead of Team WD-40’s Claudio Corti and Luke Mossey, who had been running inside the top five earlier in the day.
Jason O’Halloran had been making strides forward in the afternoon with the McAMS Yamaha but a crash in the afternoon at turn 13 when he lost the front sidelined him from the remainder of the day despite being uninjured. Danny Buchan completed the top ten for FS3-Racing Kawasaki.
Ben Currie continued his Superbike learning curve to finish the opening day 13th quickest while Billy McConnell trailed Gary Johnson in the Superstock 1000 ranks.
BSB 2019 Portimao Test Day One Times
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 1m:44.502s
- Xavi Forés (Honda Racing) +0.026s
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +0.175s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +0.731s
- Andrew Irwin (Honda Racing) +0.824s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +0.923s
- Claudio Corti (Team WD-40 Kawasaki) +1.010s
- Luke Mossey (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.021s
- Jason O’Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +1.040s
- Danny Buchan (FS3-Racing Kawasaki) +1.082s
- Josh Elliott (OMG Racing Suzuki) +1.113s
- Glenn Irwin (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.315s
- Ben Currie (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +1.964s
- Matt Truelove (McAMS Yamaha) +2.124s
- Ryan Vickers (RAF Kawasaki) +2.440s
- Jack Kennedy (Macadam Yamaha) +2.682s
- Fraser Rogers (Gearlink Kawasaki) +2.871s
- Alastair Seeley (Be Wiser Ducati) +3.017s
- Sam Coventry (Team 64 Kawasaki) +3.593s
- STK Gary Johnson (RAF Kawasaki) +3.855s
- STK Billy McConnell (OMG Suzuki) +4.074s
- STK Lee Jackson (FS-3 Kawasaki) +4.502s
- STK Tom Neave (Honda Racing) +4.636s
- SS Brad Jones (Macadam Yamaha) +4.786s
- SS Harry Trulove (Yamaha) +5.002s
- STK Eemeli Lahti (Staff Quick Connect Kawasaki) + 5.132s
- SS Ross Twyman (Gearlink Kawasaki) +6.506s
- SS Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +6.725s