As this video shows, you can convert the gauntlet glove into a short summer glove in seconds and then quickly pull a fully waterproof cover over them.
The goat skin gloves are not cheap at €179.99 (about 294) but they may the only pair of gloves you will ever need. They also only come in sizes large to 3XL.
Siima founder Giorgos Evripidou says the gloves are Euro approved, designed in Cyprus and made in Indonesia.
He says that since I had written about the lack of such an all-round, all-weather glove, he would send me a pair to review, so stay tuned.
All-weather travel glove
The Sibirsky Adventure Glove is designed for riders who spend long days in the saddle, travel a long distance and in all types of weather.
They feature a four-way air mesh in between fingers to allow a steady air flow for the hot summer months, while the inner shell is Thermolite for warmth.
It will be interesting to see how these seemingly conflicting vents and liner work in different temperatures.
You could always pull on the thin but fully waterproof overglove to add some warmth.
We are also interested to see if the overglove makes them cumbersome and isolates the feeling of your fingers from the throttle and levers.
Siima says the gloves have 11 “protection points” of armour or extra leather thickness on the palm, knuckle, fingers and wrist.
Some other great features are a wiper blade on the left index finger, a pull string on the overgloves to seal against the rain and a grip patch on the palm for better throttle grip.
They also feature touchscreen-sensitive index and middle fingers. We’ve tried these before on other gloves and found some work better than others, so we shall see.
Sibirsky Adventure Glove tech specs
- TPR flexible ventilated knuckle protector,
- TPR finger knuckles,
- Superfabric palm slider,
- Carbon PU upper wrist protector,
- Superfabric back thumb reinforcement,
- Drum-dyed goatskin (outer shell),
- Thermolite insulation for all-season temperature regulation (inner shell),
- 180gr bemberg +5mm sponge (inner shell),
- Reflective stripes for night visibility (gloves & rain overgloves),
- Inside lining: tri-fleece liner,
- Elastic mesh on the wrist (short cuff),
- YYK durable zipper to transform into short cuff,
- Shield wiper (left index finger),
- Pull string “auto-cuff (rain overgloves),
- Grip patch at palm,
- Wrist velcro closure,
- 4way air mesh ventilation,
- 100% waterproof rain overgloves,
- Touch screen friendly index & middle fingers,
- Stretch panels on thumb and fingers,
- Double stitched,
- Reflective stickers.