$12,999 RRP inc GST (+ORC)
New Vintage themed colours
Yamaha’s Sports Heritage XSR900 is now available in new retro-inspired colour schemes for 2019, with Garage Metal and Vintage Blue joining the line-up.
Inspired by Yamaha’s iconic 1970s models, the XSR900 has become a highly popular choice in Yamaha’s sport-heritage range since its release in 2017. Based on the MT-09 Maximum Torque model, the XSR900 is heritage by nature but modern by design.
Styling cues linking the XSR900 to its forefathers include aluminium tank covers, front and rear aluminium fenders, hand-polished aluminium details, stitched seat, circular instrument clock, circular tail light and retro-style headlight with aluminium stay.
Power is provided by the high torque 847cc CP3 triple-cylinder engine producing 84.6kW and 87.5Nm of torque, featuring three levels of adjustable traction control (TCS), D-Mode selectable engine maps, and an assist and slipper (AS) clutch.
Suspension is a 41mm USD (upside down) fork adjustable for rebound damping, while at the rear the Monocross linked-type suspension offers preload and rebound damping adjustment. The lightweight aluminium Diamond frame features an externally mounted swingarm to provide a short (1440mm) wheelbase. The narrower foot peg position provides a more comfortable ride.
The riding position of the XSR900 is more upright than its sporty MT-09 brethren, but still boasts agile handling and impressive torque delivery.
2019 Yamaha XSR900 features
- Two new heritage colours; Garage Metal and Vintage Blue
- Modern technology wrapped in retro-inspired styling
- Electronics include adjustable traction control and D-MODE engine maps
- High torque 847cc triple-cylinder CP3 engine
- Compact and lightweight Diamond frame and swingarm
- Light and agile handling characteristics
- Comfortable upright riding position
- Adjustable suspension with 41mm USD fork and monoshock rear
- Aluminium fender and 14-litre fuel tank with aluminium covers
- Multi-function retro circular instrument clock with bright LCD display
The 2019 Yamaha XSR900 is now available at Yamaha dealers priced $12,999 RRP inc GST (+ORC), in Garage Metal and Vintage Blue. For more information see your local Yamaha dealer or the Yamaha Motor Australia website – www.yamaha-motor.com.au.
Genuine Yamaha Accessories also allow owners to build on the look of their XSR900 with personalised touches and are designed to give enhanced performance, functionality and style. The range of components for Yamaha’s Sport Heritage range includes titanium exhausts and slip-on mufflers, billet levers and rearset footpegs, engine protectors, and more.