BMW’s return to the cruiser market with the R 18 looks like being a success story as the brand announces more models and Corbin adds an aftermarket fairing and seat.
It is usually a mark of the success of a new model when aftermarket companies of the calibre of Corbin of the US produce specific seats.
They say it will not only protect the rider with improved aerodynamics, but also help lower wind noise.
And to complement that quieter, calmer “bubble” they also have a Bluetooth audio kit for the fairing with 500 watts of power, a dash-mounted controller and JL Audio 5.25″ coaxial speakers.
Surely this means Corbin believe the model will be a huge sales success as do we after our road test last month.
It comes as BMW Australia has announced the arrival of the R 18 Classic.
A Touring model is expected later this year.
So the bike is now available in the following three models:
R18 Classic: $28,550 ($30,863 rideaway based on Sydney delivery)
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- 3 riding modes (Rock, Roll, Rain)
- Keyless Ride
- Spoke wheels
- Twin front brakes
- Preload adjustable rear
- Telescopic forks with fork covers
- LED headlight, tail-light, brake and indicators
- LED auxiliary lights
- 12-volt socket
- MSR (Dynamic engine brake control)
- Adjustable hand levers
- Saddle bags
- Cruise control
- Lockable Fuel Cap: $75
- Hill Start Control: $155
- Headlight Pro (inc. Adaptive Headlight and Daytime Riding Light): $605
- Floorboards: $235
- Heated Grips: $340
- First Edition (Inc. Pinstripes and Chrome Package): $3300
- Reverse Gear: $1500
- Anti-theft alarm system: $365
- Low Seat (690mm): No cost option
R 18 Classic Custom: $30,090 ($32,448 rideaway)
Includes all specification from the R 18 Classic and adds the following as standard:
- Lockable Fuel Cap
- Hill Start Control
- Headlight Pro (inc. Adaptive Headlight and Daytime Riding Light)
- Heated Grips
- Anti-theft Alarm System
R 18 Classic Deluxe: $35,090 ($37,598 rideaway)
Includes all specification from the R 18 Classic Custom and adds the following as standard:
- First Edition (Inc. Pinstripes and Chrome Package)
- Reverse Gear