This “once in a lifetime” ride that will take you in some of the most remote and dramatic areas of the Spiti Valley (pictured above) and Ladakh, in north India.
It starts in the foothills of the Himalayan range and goes all the way to Leh.
Riders will travel on some of the highest roads in the world such as the Chang La and the Khardung Lah at 5300m, visit ancient monasteries and immerse yourself in the Indo-Tibetan culture.
The price for this all-inclusive motorcycle tour through the Himalaya is $US4350 (about $A6490 on today’s exchange rate) but Motorbike Writer Followers can enjoy a 10% discount saving $US435.
The offer is valid only until 15 March 2020.
The tour includes:
- Bike, fuel & oil
- Accommodation (tented camps & hotels)
- All meals, snacks, drinking water & soft drinks
- Local & English guide
- Support vehicle
- Spare parts
- Domestic flights from Delhi to Chandigarh / Leh to Delhi
Choose between a Royal Enfield Bullet 500cc or Himalayan 410cc for this motorcycle adventure of 16 days on top of the world (12 days of riding).
Although the tour has been designed to help the acclimatisation process by starting at lower altitudes and gradually ascending to higher altitude up to 5600m, it’s a physically challenging adventure and it requires some riding experience and skills.
Definitely not for the faint hearted. Are you up for the challenge?
For more info, write to [email protected] and don’t forget to claim your Motorbike Writer special discount.
We travelled with Extreme Bike Tours in Sri Lanka and can thoroughly recommend them as safe, professional and friendly operators.
2021 tour dates
Extreme Bike Tours has released its 2021 tour dates with three firsts in India, Myanmar and Mongolia.
Rajasthan “On a shoestring” is an easy budget-friendly tour which is all about the destinations.
“The Road to Mandalay” in Myanmar is already fully booked but they are now looking into running a second tour.
The Mongolia Gobi Desert itinerary and logistics are now in place.
- Rajasthan – On a Shoestring, 10-23 January
- Hidden Sri Lanka – Ride in Luxury, 13-25 February
- Myanmar – The Road to Mandalay (fully booked), 7-20 March
- Bhutan – Gross National Happiness, 10-24 April
- Himalaya – Through the Clouds, 10-25 July
- Hidden Sri Lanka – Ride in Luxury, 10-22 July
- Mongolia – On the Trail of Chinggis Khan, 31 July – 10 August
- Tibet – Mt. Everest Base Camp & The Forbidden City, 6-21 September
- Luxurious Rajasthan, 6-19 November