2020 Indian Heavyweight Models
- Thunder Stroke 116 Engine Now Standard in Select Models
- Ride Command completely redesigned with a new quad-core processor
- New Roadmaster Dark Horse & Redesigned Springfield Dark Horse new styling
- Chieftain Elite Returns with Upgraded PowerBand Audio System & Amenities
Thunder Stroke 116 from the factory
Indian Motorcycle today announced that the Thunder Stroke 116 (1901 cc) engine will be now standard in the Chieftain and Roadmaster models for model year 2020.
The Springfield Dark Horse model also scores the new 116 cubic-inch air-cooled V-Twin engine that features a new high-flow cylinder head – delivering class-leading performance with 168 Nm of torque.
The Thunder Stroke 116 will now be standard in the majority of Indian Motorcycle’s lineup, including Springfield Dark Horse, Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Limited, Chieftain Elite, Roadmaster and Roadmaster Dark Horse.
Ride Command goes next level
For 2020, Indian Motorcycle introduces the new Ride Command – a completely redesigned version of its industry-leading infotainment system.
Still measuring seven inches, with glove-touch technology, Ride Command features a new quad-core processor to provide the fastest infotainment experience available.
New features include Ride Command featuring Google-like, predictive destination search capabilities and improved customisable ride screens.
2020 Indian Roadmaster Dark Horse
Drawing inspiration from the overwhelmingly successful Chieftain Dark Horse, the Roadmaster Dark Horse brings a modern and aggressive attitude to Indian Motorcycle’s premium touring motorcycle.
With blacked-out finishes and just enough chrome to stand out from the 2020 lineup, the Roadmaster Dark Horse features a streamlined fairing, slammed saddlebags, 19-inch front wheel with an open fender, an extended reach Rogue gunfighter seat, blacked-out engine and matte paint color schemes.
Powering this mean touring machine is the Thunder Stroke 116, while premium touring amenities abound, including a touring trunk, lower fairings, heated grips and a mid-adjustable windscreen.
2020 Indian Springfield Dark Horse
Following extremely positive rider feedback from the 2020 Jack Daniel’s Limited Edition Indian Springfield Dark Horse that was launched at Daytona Bike.
Indian Motorcycle is now offering a similar design package for the 2020 Springfield Dark Horse.
While the Thunder Stroke 116 delivers unrivaled power, the bike gains an enormous level of attitude with slammed saddlebags, Rogue seat, 12-inch mini apes and premium blacked-out finishes.
2020 Indian Chieftain Elite
As it has with previous iterations, the Chieftain Elite is an ultra-premium bagger – combining style, technology and performance.
For the first time in the Chieftain Elite’s history, the ultra-premium bagger will feature Indian Motorcycle’s modern and aggressive body styling, including the streamlined fairing and slammed saddlebags.
The 2020 Chieftain Elite packs the Thunder Stroke 116 and Indian Motorcycle’s booming PowerBand Audio Plus system with integrated fairing and saddlebag speakers. PowerBand Audio produces crystal-clear sound that is 50% louder than Indian Motorcycle’s standard audio system.
The 2020 Chieftain Elite’s premium styling includes a two-tone Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Candy paint with matching motor highlights and badging, Precision Machined Elite wheels, Pinnacle Mirrors, Select Rider Floorboards, and a Flare Windshield.
Improved chassis on Chief models
Furthermore, the complete 2020 heavyweight lineup features additional updates. First, the Chief Dark Horse and Chief Vintage will now share the same chassis as the Springfield and Springfield Dark Horse.
The result is improved handling and an adjustable rear suspension for both Chief models. Secondly, the Springfield and Chief Dark Horse will each come standard with a 17-inch front wheel for improved stability. Lastly, the 2020 Roadmaster receives a lighter weight and redesigned trunk rack for added style.
2020 Indian Ride Away Price Guide Australia
- Indian Scout Bobber $19,995
- Indian Scout Bobber Twenty $21,995
- Indian Scout $19,995 to $20,995
- Indian Scout 100th Anniversary $22,995
- Indian Chief Classic Dark Horse 111 $30,995
- Indian Chief Vintage 111 $32,995 to $33,995
- Indian Springfield 111 $34,995
- Indian Springfield Dark Horse 116 $36,995
- Indian Chieftain Limited 116 $38,995
- Indian Chieftain Dark Horse 116 $38,995
- Indian Chieftain Elite 116 $49,995
- Indian Roadmaster 116 $41,995 to $43,995
- Indian Roadmaster Dark Horse 11 $41,995
2020 Indian Heavyweight Colour Options
• Chief Dark Horse: Thunder Black Smoke
• Chief Vintage: Thunder Black; Willow Green over Ivory Cream
• Springfield: Thunder Black; Burgundy Metallic over Titanium Metallic
• Springfield Dark Horse: Thunder Black Smoke; Sagebrush Smoke; White Smoke
• Chieftain Dark Horse: Thunder Black Smoke; Ruby Smoke; Titanium Smoke
• Chieftain Limited: Thunder Black Pearl; Radar Blue; Thunder Black Pearl with graphics package
• Chieftain Elite: Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Red Candy
• Roadmaster: Thunder Black; Burgundy Metallic; Pearl White over Titanium Metallic with black Pinstripe; Titanium Smoke over Thunder Black Smoke with silver pinstripe
• Roadmaster Dark Horse: Thunder Black Smoke; White Smoke; Ruby Smoke
2020 Indian Performance Accessories
Indian Motorcycle’s 2020 lineup of performance accessories for the Thunder Stroke 111 and Thunder Stroke 116 significantly modify the overall look, sound, and performance of each engine.
The Stage 1 Slip- On Exhaust, available in black or chrome, improves sound for both the Thunder Stroke 111 and Thunder Stroke 116. Indian Motorcycle’s new Stage 1 Oval Slip-On Muffler Kit and Stage 1 Performance Air Intake together increase horsepower by 4% with the Thunder Stroke 111 and 8% with the Thunder Stroke 116.
By adding the Stage 2 Performance Cams, riders will gain 13% more horsepower when compared to a stock Thunder Stoke 111. The Thunder Stroke 116 Stage 2 Performance Kit, which includes cams, higher flowing fuel injectors and throttle body, produce a 17% horsepower boost when paired with both Stage 1 accessories.
Riders can also upgrade any Indian Motorcycle model packing the Thunder Stroke 111 with its Thunder Stroke 116 Stage 3 Big Bore Kit, which produces 20% more horsepower when compared to a stock Thunder Stroke 111.
For riders looking to add additional passenger accommodations, Indian Motorcycle offers Headdress Passenger Floorboard Pads for added cushion to combat road vibration and match the currently available Headdress Rider Floorboard Pads, 12” Quick Release Passenger Sissy Bar and a new, more modern-styled Passenger Backrest Pad.
Additionally, Indian Motorcycle will offer 12-inch Ape Hanger Handlebars for all Chief and Springfield models.