Alpinestars has been on the front lines of airbag technology in riding apparel, and that includes gear for both men and women. Check out the options below.
Begin press release:
Product Name – STELLA ANDES PRO DRYSTAR® Jacket TECH-AIR® Airbag Compatible (suggested retail price – $549.95) + TECH-AIR® STREET airbag (suggested retail price – $1,149.95)
Category – Women’s All Weather Riding / Adventure Touring
Description – Designed specifically for the female form and using Alpinestars exclusive DRYSTAR® membrane, the Stella Andes Pro DRYSTAR® Jacket offers true versatility with 100% waterproofing and great levels of breathability, even in difficult riding conditions. The technically advanced construction of this jacket offers protection and abrasion resistance and is adaptable to all weather conditions. The Stella Andes Pro is also compatible with Alpinestars leading active airbag protection system, Tech-Air®.
Tech-Air® is a groundbreaking electronic airbag system that offers riders upper body protection and the freedom to ride both on and off road and in a wide range of weather conditions. The Tech-Air® Street System incorporates the airbag’s electronic control unit, componentry and airbag, which when inflated covers the back, kidney areas, chest and shoulders. The Tech-Air® System, sold separately and completely self-contained, offers the possibility for the airbag to be used in conjunction with an Alpinestars airbag-compatible textile outer jacket. The innovative and versatile Tech-Air® Street airbag system can be used with any type of motorcycle and/or scooter without the need to set-up, pair or reconfigure bike-to-rider or bike-to-passenger settings. The system is therefore immediately ready to be used at any time for any bike on any surface, and can be used equally for road riding and off road adventure touring.
Product Name – JET ROAD V2 GORE-TEX Glove with Gore Grip Technology (suggested retail price – $189.95)
Category – Road Riding
Description – A premium adventure touring glove that features an updated design for a more streamlined fit, the Jet Road V2 features a premium GORE-TEX waterproof and breathable membrane plus PrimaLoft® lining for excellent thermal properties. Incorporating class-leading material engineering and technical innovation, this CE-certified touring glove has a hard polymer knuckle for class-leading protection.
Product name – Firm Boot
Category – All Weather Road Riding
Part of the OSCAR by Alpinestars heritage collection, this vintage-military style OSCAR Boot has its roots in café-racer culture and is packed with class- leading protection to offer comfort and style.
• Main upper material made in full grain leather with vintage effect finish.
• Toe-box and heel counter internal reinforcement give structure support and impact resistance.
• Quilted and padded shift guard offers comfort and protection.
• Alpinestars anatomical foam-backed dual density PU ankle disk protection.
• 3D mesh lining for high levels of breathability and perforation on tongue for more ventilation. Anti-sliding suede in heel.
• Zip closure on medial panel plus adjustable leather leg strap and metal eyelet lacing closure system ensure easy entry and highly personalized fit.
• Replaceable anatomical EVA footbed with comfort lining on top.
• Alpinestars exclusive vulcanized rubber with heel microporous for shock absorption
on heel area, designed for optimal combination of comfort and grip.
• This boot is CE-certified to 13634:2010 standards.
The post Alpinestars Highlights Some Women’s Gear, Including A Tech-Air Touring Jacket appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.